The all-new 2022 EQS from Mercedes-EQ.
Bridging the gap between elegance and sustainability as the first fully electric luxury sedan from Mercedes-EQ
Redefining the automobile once again, Mercedes-EQ launches the all-electric 2022 EQS Sedan.
Designed to exceed all expectations, the completely new EQS from Mercedes-EQ is the first-of-its-kind fully electric luxury vehicle. While the EQS is a close relative to the new S-Class, the electric architecture is all its own. This sedan marks a major milestone in integrating progressive mobility with executive-class luxury.
Seductively sculpted, the EQS is one of the world’s most aerodynamic production vehicle available today. Upon approach, you’ll notice the ultra-sleek exterior with an LED lightband that stretches across the entire front grille, giving you a taste of the captivating beauty that lies within. The automatic comfort doors open and close…automatically, of course.
The beautiful design extends seamlessly inside the sleek interior, revealing the available Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) Hyperscreen. Exclusive to the EQS, this 56" curved glass instrument panel stretches from door to door to seamlessly merge three screens. A zero-layer interface eliminates the need to scroll submenus or provide voice commands, as the most essential applications — charging, entertainment, phone, navigation, connectivity, massage and more — are available given the situation. Each seat offers an opportunity to interact with the vehicle for a unique experience for both driver and passengers alike.
The heart of the EQS beats with the next generation lithium-ion battery, a sophisticated, high-energy density that sets a benchmark in performance, efficiency and charging capacity. The integrated navigation uses Electric Intelligence to calculate your route while taking into account charging stops, weather conditions and topography — helping to ensure your journey flows as smoothly as the EQS itself. With easy charging opportunities in the densest network of charge points, the EQS can get a quick boost in just 15 minutes.2 And unlike traditional gas-powered engines, the EQS electric engine has its own soundscape, designed to uniquely carve out space for tranquility within the cabin.
Upon its debut at dealerships in late 2021, the 2022 EQS from Mercedes-EQ will forever change the perception of electric driving. Until then, sign up to receive EQS communications from Mercedes-EQ.
Technology and Performance
- 107.8 kWh battery capacity
- 11.25 hours (10 – 100%) charging time, AC Charging (240V)
- 31 minutes (10 – 100%) charging time, DC fast charging (200kW)
- 329 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque (EQS 450+) and 516 hp and 611 lb-ft of torque (EQS 580 4MATIC®)
- 0-60 mph 5.5 seconds (EQS 480+) and 4.1 seconds (EQS 580 4MATIC®)
- Estimated top speed of 130 mph
- Rear-axle steering up to 4.5-degrees, optional 10-degrees
- AIRMATIC® Air Suspension with Adaptive Damping System
- DYNAMIC SELECT including Comfort, Sport, Eco and Individual driving modes
- Adjustable Regenerative Braking with Steering Wheel Paddles
- Active Ambient Lighting with Illuminated Door Sill Panels
- KEYLESS GO® with Seamless Door Handles & Hands-Free Access
- Active Parking Assist with Surround View Camera
- DIGITAL LIGHT Intelligent Lighting System with front & rear LED lightbands
- Active Highbeam Assist
- Driver Assistance Package with Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC®, Active Lane Keeping and Blind Spot Assist, and PRE-SAFE® PLUS including PRESAFE® Impulse Side
- Wireless Smartphone Integration & Wireless front Smartphone Charger
- Six 100W USB-C Ports
- New-generation MBUX Multimedia System with Augmented Reality Navigation system, including Natural Language Understanding and Keyword Activation (“Hey Mercedes”)
- EQS 580: Optional MBUX Hyperscreen with three displays under a single 56-inch curved glass surface:
- 12.3” Instrument Cluster, 17.7” Central OLED Touchscreen Display and 12.3” Passenger Display
- 8 CPU cores, 24 GB RAM and 46.4 GB per second RAM memory
- The largest display ever in a production Mercedes-Benz
- Haptic feedback with a total of 12 actuators under the touchscreen surface
- Supports 27 languages with Natural Language Understanding (NLU)
- Personal home screen with "Zero Layer" principle
- MBUX can be controlled by natural voice recognition
- Fluid, proactive user interface
- AI data processing for intuitive driver suggestions
- MBUX with up to seven profiles can be activated by biometric authentication, voice control and facial recognition
- EQS 450+: 12.8” Central OLED Touchscreen Portrait Display
- Fingerprint Sensor for biometric authentication of the driver to activate profile
- Active Ambient Lighting with 64 Colors, including a new EQ-Specific Color Scheme
- Front/Rear Automatic Doors with smart power open/close
- DIGITAL LIGHT with Lightband
- Active Ambient Lighting
- Heated Leather Seats with Multi-Contour Ambient Light Illumination
- Comfort Front Headrest and Rear Headrest Pillows
- Burmester® 3D Sound System with Sound Personalization
- HEPA Air Filtration for cabin air filtration
- Multicontour front seats with massage
- 4-Zone Climate Control
- Soft close doors
- Comfort center armrest with wireless charging
- Mercedes me charge capability
- Panorama Sunroof
- 20” Wheels